The Covertec weatherproof silo cover is a premium-quality product for liquid manure storage and biogas industry. In Germany, farmers and biogas plant operators are obliged by law to prevent and respectively reduce nuisance odours and other emissions.
Covertec weatherproof silo covers are available with diameters of up
to 50 m and can be installed so as to provide odour-tight or gas-tight performance. The central column can be supplied in either hardwood or stainless steel. Ratchet/belt assemblies fixed to the outside of the silo wall allow tensioning via a round tube, which is threaded through a hemstitch in the cover.
• Made exclusively from high- grade materials
• Diameters up to 50 m possible
• Suitable for all steel and concrete silos on the market
• Reduction of gas and ammonia emissions by over 95%
• Retention of nitrogen content of liquid manure
• Prevention of water infiltration, full storage capacity maintained
• No sagging of cover down to below top edge of silo due to smaller belt spacings
• Approved and verifiable type- specific structural calculations for monolithically poured concrete silos or verifiable site- specific structural calculation
• On request, with full installation, incl. provision of work platforms and cranes
• 10 year warranty
• Minimum expected service life of 20 years
Why choose Covertec silo covers?
Covertec silo covers prevent water infiltration, thereby maintaining full storage capacity. They also excel by their high tear strength and UV stability. The low gas permeability reduces gas and ammonia emissions by over 95%. At the same time, the nitrogen content of the manure is retained.
We should be glad to perform a project- and site-specific structural calculation on your behalf. On request, we will also carry out the full installation (incl. provision of work platforms and cranes).
Bradley Hill Farm,
Preston,Lancashire, PR3 0GA
Office: 01995 640147
Matthew Moore: 07516 226883
Roger Craig: 07516 226884